Formally known as The Navajo Lodge, our building dates back to circa 1907
when the Santa Fe Rail depot was being built. Housing many Greek, Chinese
& Italian imported workers in the early 1900's. Our lot holds a lot of the
history in Prescott's days past.
Though most of that original building no longer exists & the Peavine Santa Fe Line
has not run for over 60 years, the Original Santa Fe Depot is still across the street to remind us
of it's history.
In 1945 The Navajo Lodge was built and became a small overnight motor lodge
for people passing through Prescott en route from Route 66. Later becoming
the home of Prescott's only Greyhound station.
Through the years many changes were made by several previous owners.
However, in most recent years, Shane & Colleen Milam who have owned the
building for over 10 years, have brought back a feeling to the building of it's earliest
days. The years when Prescott was the territorial capitol of Arizona.
Staying true to Prescott's place in western folklore, it is a fact that Virgil Earp,
Wyatt Earps older brother lived in Prescott in 1879 and told him of the boom town in Tombstone, Arizona. It is also rumored that Doc Holiday spent some time in
Prescott just before heading to Tombstone. With these and many other old west
stories of Prescotts past, we hope our guest will get a glimpse of outlaw history
and a small feeling of stepping back in time.
Sheldon Street Lodge is located in the Historic District where you will find history
and charm aplenty. Many of Prescott's oldest homes & buildings that are still
used today, are only a short stroll away.
Wyatt Earp Doc Holiday
Our lobby is dedicated to Prescott's old west folklore, displaying old cowboy tack and historical pictures of outlaws and railroad history of Prescott's days past.
The original NAVAJO LODGE neon sign has recently been refurbished and is on display in one of our many antique shops downtown.
Rail Depot Then Rail Depot Now
Sheldon St. Lodge
115 E.Sheldon St.
Prescott, AZ. 86303
For Reservations please call us at